With every new report, Coronavirus is impacting and changing the way business will need to operate over the coming weeks.
The recruitment process is no different and, whether it be the initial screening or final interviews, clients and candidates are facing new challenges. Below we have added some useful tips for the coming weeks.
Follow the guidelines
First and foremost, everyone should follow the advice of the experts and follow the latest Government guidelines.
Here at Compass Point Recruitment, we are doing precisely that... we are open for business as normal and following all the guidelines and taking precautions as required.
Particularly, for first stage interviews it is worth using video conferencing rather than face to face. Most smartphones make video calls very easy (using apps such as Skype, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger) and it is a straight forward way to reduce office visits and travel... protecting both candidates and clients.
Face to face recruitment
- Client and candidate should meet only if both are safe to do so
- Short notice cancellation of interviews/meetings has to be expected, accepted and understood where health issues are involved
- Use hand sanitizer and wash hands before and after interview
- Bump elbows rather than shake hands
- Speak to your recruiter if you have concerns about the interview process as they can co-ordinate changes, process and deal with concerns
This is a fast-moving event and so it is very important to keep informed about the latest guidelines and good practice. So, please stay informed and be ready to adjust your processes as needed.
Just a reminder the symptoms to look for :
- Shortness of breath
To find out more please visit htpps://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/