A winning recruitment approach
In today's competitive jobs market, recruiting the best employee talent requires companies to look to elevate, enhance and extend their competitive advantage.
One such area of competitive advantage is streamlined, efficient recruitment processes. They can have a direct impact on your business performance and attracting that top talent you are seeking.
This is where a great working relationship with the right external recruitment partner can add real value to your business.
Getting the most out of your recruitment partner
Getting the most from your recruitment partner is not just case of choosing one and leaving them to it, it is an ongoing 2-way process. Here are some of the things to look out for in a good partnership:
- A recruitment partner should really be an extension of your team and really understand the culture, capabilities and benefits your organisation offers prospective candidates. Simply put, the more your recruitment agency understands your business and goals the better the contribution they’ll bring.
- Good communication with your agency should go far beyond helping them to understand what the requirements for the role are. Recruitment professionals that are active in the market and understand your brand and goals may recommend quality candidates who could support your business—even when you might not be actively looking.
- What’s more, keeping in contact with your recruitment agency and being open to ad-hoc candidates will ultimately give you an edge in the current skills shortage. It’s better to find candidates when they are available rather than lose productivity and not be able to find the candidates you need.
- Don’t forget, recruiters live and breathe the industry every day so they will be able to advise what works, what doesn’t and if the salary you’re offering is at the correct level for the skills you require.
- By carefully assessing your business requirements and goals, a skilled recruitment consultant can help you identify the precise skill set that’s required for the job and ensure a smoother recruiting process.
Time is of the essence
Candidates expect more from brands than ever before and slow recruitment can be detrimental to the way your company is perceived as an employer.
In a competitive marketplace, talented candidates are well-aware of their value and you need to get the best candidates off the market as soon as possible.
Feedback is key and don’t leave it too long before you arrange the next interview. By fast-tracking high potential applicants, you’ll increase the chances of retaining their interest.
Finding a candidate for long term success
Recruitment professionals aren’t just experienced in finding candidates for your role, they can also help you secure your top choice.
- Candidates are so much better informed these days and can do more research before applying. A recruitment consultant can help sell your business and get across the reasons why candidates should work for your company and what makes it great.
- They’ll deal with issues around counter offers from other employers and can assist with negotiations of salary and benefits.
- A good recruiter will work hard to understand the candidate’s career goals and that the role meets them—an important step in retaining talent and driving workplace happiness.
Connecting the right people…
Ultimately, you are looking for a recruitment team that are passionate about connecting the right people together, not just finding someone to fill your vacancy but someone that can impact on your business long term success.