£27130 per annum
30 days ago
Compass Point Recruitment are proud to be working with a fantastic client who are recruiting due to growth and a new site opening.
You will be reporting to a Team leader, with your job purpose to monitor the production line whilst being responsible for maintenance and housekeeping of the manufacturing environment.
You will be capable of working and following instructions and procedures proactively, in line with health and safety regulations, ensuring full legal compliance.
- To assist with manufacturing process
- To work efficiently and productively, without the need for continual direct supervision
- To inform the Team Leader promptly when a task is completed and request instructions for the next task.
- Reporting any issues within production or shift patterns ASAP
- Maintain a high level of awareness for Health, Safety, Welfare and Security matters and in this respect to lead by example and take a pro-active approach.
- To ensure the site is in a clean and tidy condition
- Willingness to undertake training and learn new skills
- Carry out any other duty required by the Team Leader, Site Supervisor or Site Manager
- Assisting the Team Leader and other operatives with monitoring and running of machines.
- Have to ability to challenge others on health and safety and always comply with all health and safety procedures.
- Obtain a good knowledge of the manufacturing process to gain the ability to fault find and spot potential failings within the production line.
What is required of you:
- Confident communicator, both written and verbal
- Mechanically minded, practical and good computer skills.
- Demonstrable experience of taking responsibility at work and excellent reliability
- Ability to offer ideas and thoughts for discussion to promote improvements in the process.
- Clean driving license and a Front-end loader or fork truck license.
- Experience within a manufacturing site
- Desire to grow learn new skills, in order to gain promotion within the business.
- 37.5 hrs per week
- 8-hour shift pattern
- ½ hour unpaid break 06:00 14:00 and 14:00 22:00.
- Holidays 20days + 8 bank holidays
- Clean driving license is required
- Salary: £27,130
Please note, travel between two sites is required, and therefore you must be happy to travel frequently between sites.
To apply, please submit your updated CV showcasing your relevant experience.