£23000 - £33000 per annum
24 days ago
Live or wanting to live in East Anglia?
Wanting to be part of a Team of Engineers & overseeing design through to test of new products?
If so, please read on…
Compass Point Recruitment has partnered with Shelbourne Reynolds Engineering in search of a new Mechanical Design Engineer due to continued growth. You will sit within a good-sized team of Engineers, in an office where you can see the products you design come into fruition, an ever-rarer benefit in today's Engineering industry!
Your new company is continually investing in new technology enabling the products you design & refine to be true to your original designs and, of the best quality on the market. With a wide range of product's Shelbourne are a true market leader for Agricultural Machinery.
Ideally you will have an interest in Agri machinery, this interest being gained from personal experience/use or will have studied an Engineering course that has focused on such machinery.
Initially you will work within different departments of the business gaining a full understanding of the product range and what the company has to offer. You will then take your seat as a full Mechanical Design Engineer.
This is a permanent job with a competitive salary dependent on experience & academic record.
What will day to day look like?
• Production of accurate 3D models and engineering drawings using SolidWorks.
• Developing and updating product designs in line with agreed market and customer requirements.
• Undertaking responsibility for creating and updating BOM's on the company ERP system.
• Working with the team, ensuring that all new machine designs and developments meet both health and safety and legal requirements.
• Assisting with initiating design changes in line with new practices, processes, and materials.
• Ensuring parts and operators manuals for products are updated and maintained, as necessary.
• Acting as a point of contact for internal and external technical and product-related enquiries; portraying the company in a positive light in all communications.
Ideally you will have: -
• A MEng, BEng or HNC/HND within Engineering / Design Engineering.
• Have worked with Agri machinery or have studies surrounding it.
• Previously worked with SolidWorks.
• An enjoyment in seeing full product life cycle.
• Own transport due to location.
This position is easily commutable from: Stanton, Bury St Edmunds, Diss, Thetford, Stowmarket.