£25000 - £30000 per annum
28 days ago
The Brewer is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day maintenance of the fermentation and production process, under the supervision of the Head Brewer. This includes testing and preparing batches of their product and transferring product batches through the stages of production. The Brewer assists with the supervision of brewery shifts, organising staff and prepares orders to the point of dispatch. The Brewer assists management in enforcing operational, quality and health & safety policies/procedures, and is responsible for implementing the cleaning schedule within the brewery.
• Assisting the Head Brewer with the maintenance of brewing and production processes.
• Testing for pH and brix.
• Preparing batches for bottling.
• Transferring product batches through the various stages of production.
• Preparing, packing and dispatching orders.
• Supporting the Head Brewer in the supervision of brewery shifts and organisation of bottling staff. This includes the operation of packing equipment as and when required.
• Assisting with the maintenance of fermentation, brewing and packing equipment within the Brewery.
• Enforcing brewery hygiene and cleanliness standards within the Brewery, including the maintenance of the cleaning schedule under the supervision of the Brewery Manager.
• Assisting with the organisation of brewery space and storage.
Specific responsibilities include:
• The organisation of both ambient and refrigerated storage space.
• Supporting the Brewery Manager in driving a strong Quality ethos amongst the brewery team and enforcing robust quality control measures.
• Enforcing health and safety control measures amongst brewery assistants and assisting in the maintenance of a Safety First' culture within the brewery team.
• Maintaining brewery documentation and information controls procedures.
• Acting as an ambassador for the Brewery as appropriate.
Ideally someone with manufacturing experience, but not essential. We would rather someone keen to learn and with a hardworking and practical attitude rather than someone with experience but thinks they have nothing to learn.
Qualifications (Ideal, but not essential.
-In date FLT licence
-In date First Aid trained
-HACCP Level 2+2.10.Acting as an ambassador for LA Brewery as appropriate.