£20000 - £25000 per annum
27 days ago
Reporting in to the High Care Manager you will be responsible for running a small team. You will be working within a fast-paced environment and it is essential that you have a food manufacturing background; a strong understanding of food safety/quality standards and be able to hit the ground running.
• Oversee the day to day running of all the packing lines. Managing the production runs & flows to ensure smooth operation of the lines.
• Act to keep all people on the floor productively engaged and assigned to useful tasks.
• Assist managers with planning the production runs for the day and communicating these to the line operators. Ensure that the production runs to plan, and in an ordered manner.
• Providing accurate yield information on pack out and grade out. Providing production information to inform KPI reporting including measuring waste.
• Act as a communication link between High Care Manager and Floor staff, including Line Operators (leaders) and other positions.
• The main priority is to ensure the fruit being dispatched from the Packhouse meets the customers specification, orders must be fulfilled in a timely manner within the timescale perimeters set by the customer, costs are managed in an efficient way.
• Orders must be fulfilled in a timely manner within the timescale perimeters set by the customer.
• Keeping any required records and supplying these to the Packhouse manager.
• Great communication skills are required to manage a successful team. This will be monitored by maintaining or decreasing staff turnover.
• Operational & Commercial Focus - Practical and decisive. Understands how an effective and efficiently run packhouse operation can contribute to stronger business.
• Practical thinker - Plans and organises in a practical manor to ensure successful outcomes in terms of adherence to quality, cost and time frame parameters.
• People Management - A strong communicator both within and outside the packhouse team. Able to develop productive working relationships with colleagues in other parts of the business.