Bury St Edmunds
£35000 - £45000 per annum
14 days ago
Are you looking to take ownership of a complete production team & production process?
Compass Point Recruitment has been appointed to recruit for an Engineering Production Manager for a Suffolk based company that prides itself on the excellent quality of product they supply to their wide customer portfolio which spans from those in the agricultural sector to those in the security industry. You will oversee a growing team of skilled fabricators & machinists.
Day to day you will take ownership of; Production Planning, Labour requirements, material buying, raising internal works orders, invoicing, customer accounts, quotations & BOMs etc.
As a Production Manager most of your time will be spent planning for current and future needs & speaking to key customers. However, you will also be a hands-on person, when you see that there is a need you will be ready to jump in and lend support.
You will be working a 45-hour week, Monday to Thursday with a half day Friday, there will be some flexibility to start and finish times, in conjuncture with business needs and personal preference.
Your new site is divided into Fabrication, machine shop, yard/ storage & intake. Ideally you will be familiar with all areas & will be interested in refining and developing each one, putting ideas forward to senior management and implementing them when the time comes.
Your new job has an initial starting salary of £40,000, 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays & long-term potential to hold a directorship.
Do you have the following? : -
• A strong background within fabrication & or Machining, at least 5 years within an Engineering shop floor position.
• Extensive computer and manufacturing software experience.
• Ability to nurture and motivate to get the best from your workers.
• Ability to manage production timelines using both planning software & your knowledge of lead times.
• Ability to manage customer expectations surrounding lead times, but also making sure that what they want is as commercially viable as possible.
• Looking to become a central pivotal part of a company that holds a great future, one where you can grow your career.
This position is easily commutable to from: - Bury St Edmunds, Stowmarket, Newmarket, Thetford, Mildenhall.
If you're interested & qualified, please click apply. For a full privacy police and more Jobs within: - Manufacturing, Engineering,
Office, Accounting, Sales & HR - please see the Compass Point Recruitment Website.