Bury St Edmunds
£20000 - £25000 per annum
29 days ago
We are working with a renowned agricultural business to help them recruit a Graduate Fieldsman.
Inquisitive by nature, you will be keen to understand the growers and their model intimately, so as to ensure a true business partnership'.
As an entry level position, the intention is for this role to develop into one with a greater focus on agronomic knowledge for the post-holder, enabling more rounded, comprehensive and industry-specific advice-giving to our growers.
Ongoing training and a true desire to learn, both from our experts internally and from our growers and key partners will be the key to success in this role.
- Provide support to growers, with oversight from the Seed Production Manager, in relation to
- Ensuring adequate and sufficient supply of basic seed, communicating with SPM on need, within prescribed time-frames.
- Advise farmers on correct and appropriate storage of basic seed.
- Recommend relevant and timely chemical interventions and treatments, tailored to the farm/field/variety
- Recommend relevant and timely fertilizer applications, tailored to the farm / field / variety.
- Undertake crop inspections, as required / directed by SPM.
- Advise grower on harvesting systems and combine set up.
- Advise grower on crop conditioning and storage.
- Advise grower on seed cleaning and certification process.
- Facilitating in-house trials with growers as required.