Bury St Edmunds
£25000 - £50000 per annum
20 days ago
We are looking for an Assistant/ Management Accountant, due to growth of our clients business. This is an exciting role for someone who is either currently already an Assistant/ Management Accountant, or someone who is now ready to take the next step.
You will need to have at least 4 years experience within a Finance department, and you will assist the Financial Controller of the business. It would be useful if you have come from a retail/food background.
· Assist with preparation of timely Monthly Management Accounts
· Assist with Annual Budgetary Process
· Assist with interim Forecasting exercises
· Produce weekly Latest Estimate P&L vs. Latest Actuals
· Manage Journals and Reconciliations
· Assist with supervision of six team members
· Preparation of VAT returns
· Preparation of month end reports
· Preparation of Cost Analysis reports
· Providing information and support to heads of departments
· Dealing and assisting with ad hoc projects
· To ensure the finance department daily and weekly KPI's are achieved
· Oversee monthly payroll process; carry out payroll in exceptional circumstances
· Preparation of year end audit file
· Liaising with auditors
· Good analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
· Strategic thinking
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong excel skills
· Strong communication and relationship building skills
· Able to work to tight deadlines
· Strong team player
· Enthusiastic with a can do attitude
· A minimum of 4 years' experience within a finance department
What we offer:
Company pension scheme contributions
Medicash Healthcare & Benefits scheme
Generous staff discount after qualifying period of 3 months.
Annual Profit Share Bonus
Opportunity to be actively involved in charity fund raising projects and subsidised social events.
Star of the Month awards
Free on-site parking
Just send your CV and we will be in touch!