£35000 - £45000 per annum
20 days ago
You will be responsible for ensuring the company remains compliant with all relevant legislative, Food Safety, Environmental and Health & Safety requirements.
The jobholder plays a key role in ensuring all fresh produce is delivered to agreed customer specifications and within the relevant audit scheme requirements (BRC, Global Gap, Red Tractor Assurance, Tesco Nurture, F2F & LEAF).
From time to time the jobholder will deputise on behalf of the Technical Director with in clearly agreed parameters.
- In collaboration with the wider management team, ensure the Company's Policies and Procedures are appropriately communicated and supported (Health & Safety, Quality Systems Manual and Standard Operating Procedures).
- Lead and motivate a Quality Assistant(s) ensuring that they receive appropriate training and continued development for their role.
- Working closely with the Operations team to maximise the availability and quality of all fresh produce.
- Maintain BRC unannounced audit status by ensuring all Customer and BRC standards are fully and consistently complied with.
- Ensure the Company's obligations under food safety legislation continue to be met and remain in full compliance with the HACCP Food Safety Plan.
- Conduct site visits and assessments, including field based harvest and crop health/pest assessments.
- Compile and maintain trend analysis including K.P.I., food quality and water quality.
- Ensure the Senior Management team is kept fully aware of any emerging issues that may disrupt or negatively impact production.
- Manage all Company resources in a responsible manner, controlling costs and maximising efficiency.
- Due to the seasonal nature of our production, packing and supply the role offers the opportunity to work across the business in both the head office, factory and our three farming production sites.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- The post holder will have relevant experience of working within a food compliance and/or audit setting.
- They will be highly organised and able to interpret and maintain a Quality System and relevant ancillary standards and documentation.
- They will have extensive experience of production within a food safety setting.
- They will have, or be able to quickly acquire, a minimum of level 3 HACCP training (or equivalent).
- They will be able to demonstrate a sound practical experience of working in environments where Health & Safety has to be proactively managed.
- They will have, or be able to quickly acquire through provided training, relevant Risk Assessment and Internal Auditing certification.
- All employees have a general duty in law to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others. All employees must understand and comply with the Company's Health and Safety Policy.