W1siziisimnvbxbpbgvkx3rozw1lx2fzc2v0cy9db21wyxnzl2pwzy9iyw5uzxitzgvmyxvsdf9uzxcuanbnil1d

Apply Now

Senior

  • Location

    March

  • Sector:

    Accountancy Recruitment

  • Job type:

    Permanent

  • Salary:

    Competitive

  • Contact:

    Annette Rowland

  • Contact email:

    Annette@compasspoint.co.uk

  • Contact phone:

    01284 765700

  • Job ref:

    J34414

  • Published:

    3 days ago

  • Expiry date:

    2021-03-27

  • Start date:

    2021-01-25

  • Consultant:

    Annette Rowland

Accounts Senior
March, Cambridgeshire
£Neg dependent on experience

I am currently representing a friendly and professional Accountancy Practice based in March, Cambridgeshire who are seeking a Senior Accounts candidate to strengthen their existing team.

Responsible for undertaking high quality audit, accounts preparation and tax compliance services for a range of business clients including sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, you will spend circa 75% of your time on audit duties and the other 25% preparing accounts & other responsibilities

Your key duties will be:

Accountable for the provision of audit and non-audit assignments
Supervision, guidance and control of junior members of the audit team on-site
Acting as the main point of contact to clients whilst on-site
Responsible for planning, assessing internal controls, systems and completion procedures
Attendance and detailing findings of stock takes
Relaying all relevant matters to the Audit Manager and/or associate responsible for the client in a timely manner
Fully accountable for the provision of accounting services including corporate and personal tax returns and special services for a portfolio of clients
Preparation and monitoring of budgets for audit and accounts assignments
Provide projections and forecasting information
Consolidations
Producing VAT returns and providing an in-depth knowledge and advice service to clients
P11D and other payroll advice and services
Sage Line 50 client help and visits
Taking responsibility for the planning, performance and preparation of draft accounts and tax computations for manager or partner review
Raising bills
Developing client relationships, including regular client contact by telephone, meetings and electronically
Awareness of business development including representing the firm at networking events
Playing an active role in raising the profile of the business
Displaying a confident, accurate and reliable accounting knowledge when interacting with clients, presenting ideas and implementing strategies
Processing client records to draft accounts stage
Completing file sections and cross referencing schedules
Completing work programmes and administration paperwork
Attending clients' premises and assisting with audits when required
Completing VAT return form when checked
Communicating with clients when VAT return is complete and submit to HMRC
Preparing self-assessment tax returns, business and partnership tax returns to include detailed capital gains computations and preparation of schedules of income from property
Preparing and submitting Annual Returns
Preparing and submitting other Companies House forms
In charge of company secretarial work and statutory books
Mentoring, supervising and coaching junior staff assigned and contribute to non-client work
Effectively communicating with colleagues within the organisation to promote teamwork across the group and assist in the development of internal relationships

To be successful in your application, you will be a Qualified Accountant, or Finalist, with recent experience of all the above duties. Predominantly involved in audit work, you will be an expert in this field. You will have good Sage Line 50 knowledge and strong IT skills.

Flexible working will be considered so you do not need to be full-time in the office, although, you will need to be able to commute to the office at least 3 days per week and to work from home the rest of the time.

This is a full-time role and hours are 9am - 5.30pm

This role is commutable from Peterborough, Huntingdon, Ely, Downham Market, Cambridge, Newmarket, Wisbech and all surrounding villages.

Please apply today if this role is of interest to you!