Bury St Edmunds
£40000 - £50000 per annum
2 days ago
Our client have been making the world taste better since 1886 and they sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries. They are on an incredibly exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world's leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
What you'll be doing
Due to the growth of their Speciality Aroma Chemicals division, they are looking for someone to join and strengthen the existing team in the form of a Technical Development Manager.
• Working in the speciality aroma chemical team to execute our global high impact chemical sales strategy, supporting the wider global sales strategy.
• Meeting and surpassing agreed financial targets.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships with key customers via frequent visits globally, identifying new opportunities & supporting strategies of Key Account Plans.
• Working closely with our strategic manufacturing partners to identify new growth opportunities.
• Co-ordinating the involvement of team members from other departments including purchasing, customer service, marketing, R&D and applications in order to meet chemical sales strategy.
• Establishing and adjusting selling prices by monitoring costs, competition plus supply and demand.
• Maintaining margin expectations and involvement with budget setting for product group.
• Providing regular, comprehensive descriptions of sales activity, by communication with the rest of the commercial team.
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you're what we're after.
Ideally you will have a degree in Chemistry / related scientific subject or a science background and/or technical sales experience. You will possess bags of energy and drive. Excellent presentations skills, communication, negotiation and closing skills are a must along with a strong business acumen and a very keen eye for detail. You must have the confidence and poise to initiate conversations with senior executives in diverse markets and functions. You will also be a self-starter with the eagerness plus ability to understand complex topics then disseminate them to varied audiences. You should be emotionally intelligent and a great team player. A full UK driving license, a valid passport and a passion for international travel is imperative!