£20000 - £24000 per annum
5 months ago
Working 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday within a close knit Purchasing team you will be an expert SAGE & MRP user able to hit the ground running in a busy office, your dynamic fun personality will help you and others get the materials needed for production of a sort after product with a half century pedigree.
You will be:-
• Placing purchase orders for floor controlled inventory via requisition
• Reviewing requisitions, and placing orders as necessary
• Releasing MRP planned orders in timely fashion
• Managing & Expedite Purchase Orders in commodity/Vendor Group
• Working on general document control including distribution and filing of orders after placement
• Coordinating and making the necessary arrangements for processing discrepancies regarding supplied items and materials.
• Helping maintain approved suppliers database logging failures, performance etc.
• Identifying and informing operational management & Accounts of potential risks to supply
• Creating & maintaining SAGE system static data on products covered by commodity group
• Maintaining and monitoring inventory levels on assigned items and advising on excess or obsolete inventory
• If not already familiar, familiarising yourself with relevant British & European standards to ensure that components requested for purchasing meet all necessary standards
• On occasion, be asked to assist on a variety of projects unrelated to your primary work
You will have:-
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar buying role.
• Experience of placing, chasing and managing purchase orders and suppliers.
• Self-motivated with excellent time management skills in order to balance the differing demands of all elements of the roll. • Experience working with SAGE or similar ERP or MRP system.
• Excellent organisation skills, able to adapt well to changing priorities.
• Mature, pragmatic approach with a good sense of humour.
• Comfortable with both volume and variety - keep it simple approach.
• Good level of skill with MS Office products.
If successful & in reward for your time and effort you will receive a starting salary of up to £24,000 per year plus pension and package.