£50000 per annum
2 months ago
£50,000 + Benefits
A global leader in their field, employing 4500 staff across nearly 200 locations around the world are looking for an Operations Manager due to progressions within the company.
The depot and operational teams are instrumental to their success; onsite at Newmarket they operate a broad range of industrial machinery to process in large volumes. Daily activities are supported by advanced systems which ensure accurate tracking and security for all materials.
As the Operations Manager you will take responsibility for leading and inspiring the team. You will also have accountability for equipment efficiency and productivity for the process activities onsite.
The Operations Manager also ensures that all processes are running at an optimum level; working closely with the General Manager to create a safe, motivated and rewarding working environment.
· Leadership and sustainable improvement within the organisation through utilisation of best practice techniques, engineering and continuous improvement initiatives
· Manage the processing, operators and infrastructure to achieve business goals, productivity standards and customer requirements
· Manage department budgets, seeking reductions in cost at all times
· Manage the cultural change within the business promoting a can do attitude
· Assume total responsibility for all aspects of H&SE, including risk/COSHH/ safe systems of work etc.
· Ensure targets (Safety/Quality / Cost / Delivery/People) are monitored and met
The ideal candidate will be an established leader who is ready for the next step in their career having already been a successful Process/Manufacturing/Engineering/Projects Manager. You should have a track record of developing and harnessing the talent of team members. Previous experience of implementing change and driving process improvements is highly desirable, as is a good standard of engineering knowledge.
If you are a driven individual looking to inspire best practices please apply or contact Clare at Compass Point Recruitment for more information!