£30000 - £35000 per annum
8 days ago
The role also includes overseeing the harvest period where product is loaded into stores and you will manage the drying and storing of high value produce.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Driving production lines to fulfil daily customer orders in the most cost-effective way, whilst meeting their specifications and an efficient packing operation.
- Control of quality production, ensuring product is delivered within the stipulated timescale and quality is maintained throughout the production process.
- Developing and coaching the production teams to improve efficiencies and individual personal performance.
- Driving and facilitating continuous improvement projects and activities with the Packhouse. Monitor and manage the daily performance of the pack room to ensure all efficiencies are being achieved.
- Responsibility for ensuring that teams are trained in accordance with Safe Working Procedures, Health & Safety Procedures and Food Safety Procedures in order to ensure that standards are achieved and maintained.
- Working closely with the Site Manager to implement the daily production plan in order to ensure that resources such as labour, equipment and materials are efficiently allocated and continually monitored against the plan, avoiding over production and internal rejections.
Qualifications and skills needed:
- Strong management and people skills are essential.
- A strong communicator with the ability to foster and maintain excellent working relationships.
- A tenacious and firm attitude to lead teams in order to solve and overcome issues.
- Highly motivated, resilient and leads by example.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Health & Safety focus, with knowledge of safe working practices.
- Attention to detail as far as standards, quality and procedures are concerned.
- Continuous improvement focus
- Relevant fresh produce production and operations experience and knowledge of food safety standards
Please contact us today if you are interested in applying!