£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 2 years ago
The duties will include:
- To purchase direct materials including food chemicals, commodities and ingredients.
- To develop and implement successful buying strategies to deliver business requirements.
- To lead and/or represent the procurement department on specific cross-functional projects and support the Procurement team on strategic activity outside of own portfolio of spend categories.
- To conduct sourcing activity for categories, using the approved processes and e-sourcing platform.
- To take responsibility for current and future budgets for own category areas and provide updates on category performance.
- To ensure great supplier performance and relationship development through commercial relationships.
- Great Judgement
The person will have:
- Clear rationale to decision making and a reasoned approach in recommending strategic action and when to escalate
- Confident and collaborative approach in building good working relationships, willing to listen to and involve others
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise effectively between tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and good team player, supporting within own and wider team
- Recognises the importance of good working relationships to make sound business decisions
- Perseverance in the face of challenge
- Delivers to time and quality on all projects/areas of responsibilities
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and drives them forward
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Preferrably experience managing raw materials and/or within the food industry
- Evidence of sucessful stakeholder management and cross functional working