£23000 - £26000 per annum
about 2 years ago
Due to continued growth our client, a local company on the outskirts of Bury St Edmunds is looking for a Quality Inspector. Working as the QC expert within the company you will be required to work 08:00-16:30 Monday to Thursday and 08:00-15:30 Fridays. You will be decision maker; able to communicate and bring together up to 7 production supervisors at a time, so strength of character is a must.
Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of fabrication, welding and micrometres, be able to read technical drawings and have a logical mindset with aptitude and ability to locate root cause for rejected product using a combination of; reports, people skills and machine knowledge. To be successful experience of calibrating and reading micrometres, welding gauges and hardness testing equipment will also be required.
Reports and statistics are tracked and created using Microsoft Excel, Word and in house computer system so computer literacy is an absolute must.
This is a full time position with a competitive pay rate of up to £26,000 per year for the right candidate; benefits include shut down over Christmas and a childcare voucher scheme. This is a great growing company to work for with clear succession planning, allowing for those that want it, to train, develop and progress within the company.
• Experience in the use of calibration activities, reading micrometres, bore micrometres, welding gauges and hardness testing equipment.
• Non-conformance reports/rejections and associated Root Cause Analysis.
• Computer literate in excel and word.
• Ability to read engineering drawings.
• Final component and assembly inspection, sub: contractor supplied parts and incoming raw materials.
• Assist in collection of statistical data as required.
If you're qualified please click apply or visit us in branch and speak to James. For a full privacy report please visit our website.