£55000 - £60000 per annum
over 2 years ago
The role will involve:
- Assuring the food safety and quality of top fruit supplied to the supermarkets and wholesale markets.
- Visiting and communicating with suppliers and service provision sites to ensure fruit supplied to customers is legal, safe to eat and within customers' specifications.
- Auditing supplier and service provision packhouses against the company and customers' standards.
- Advising suppliers on BRC Global Food Standard and Tesco Produce Packing Standard.
- Advising suppliers on the Tesco Nurture standard.
- Providing information to suppliers on pesticide MRLs and checking suppliers pesticide lists.
- Creating, maintaining and communicating customer specifications to suppliers.
- Advising suppliers on quality throughout the season.
- Monitoring and improving supplier performance.
- Monitoring performance.
- Communicating with customer technologists.
- Carrying out trials on packaging, post-harvest technology, new varieties.
- Managing the Technical and QA team.
- Ensuring an up-to-date Quality Assurance and Food Safety Manual is maintained.
- Ensuring the quality system is maintained and updated.
- Delegate responsibility and manage QA team.
- Liaising with members of the commercial team.
- Ensuring the Technical and Quality team is adequately trained.
- Keeping abreast of modern technology and legislation with regard to Food Safety.
To be considered for this role you must have Fresh produce experience ideally within top fruit and have Technical Management experience facing a major multiple customer. They are looking for an outgoing, passionate person who wants to work with their team as well as lead.
The company are offering a fantastic salary package for this role.