Compass Point Recruitment Legal basis to collect personal data
Compass Point Recruitment will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Legal obligation
- Contractual obligation
- Legitimate basis
Where you are a Company by agreeing to be bound by these conditions you are consenting for Compass Point Recruitment collecting, storing and processing information pertaining to your Company’s employees, salaries, agents and culture.
Every time you visit our website your information is logged and monitored to help keep personal information secure and to ensure that Compass Point Recruitment complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection regulation (the GDPR) from May 2018
What Data We Gather about you
We will collect the following information:
Name, job title & Salary
Contact information including email address
Special categories of data (such as information in your CV)
Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
Website usage data
Other information relevant to client enquiries
How We Use This Data
The above data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:-
- Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from us, enabling us to deliver improved products and services
- To provide our Temporary, Permanent, Temp to Perm & Contract recruitment services to you
- To add your data onto our in-house CRM secure database system
- For job seekers, to keep you updated with our latest registered jobs
- For Clients, to keep you updated with our latest registered candidates
- To assess the kind of work you are looking for and your preferred work location
- To assess data about you against vacancies where we believe you hold the relevant skills and experience
- For job seekers, we will use your personal data to provide you with the recruitment services that we provide, to manage your account and to email you about recruitment services which, for job seekers, includes job alerts and emails about our latest job vacancies that are relevant to your fields of interest
- To send your information (including CV) to our clients
- To enable you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs that may be of interest to you
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including references, qualifications and unspent criminal convictions, verification of the details you have provided from third party source psychometric evaluation or skill test
- To third parties, regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of a crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable laws
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide and make them more valuable to you
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons
If you decide to upload a CV, cover letter, personal statement or other similar document or information we will keep that information until you ask us to remove it either by email to email@example.com or by telephoning the office on 01284 765700 and speaking to any member of the Compass Point Recruitment team.
We do not now and do not intend to give or sell personal information about you to third parties in the UK or abroad.
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any purpose not listed above.
How long we hold information about you
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your Personal Data is maintained and up to date, however, you are under a duty to inform us of any and all changes to your Personal Data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly.
Compass Point Recruitment works with a number of third parties, including credit checking companies, software providers, payroll providers, CV typing organisations and regulatory authorities or government departments and may receive information about you from them.
Passing on information to Third parties
To operate effectively as a business we may need to pass your information on to selected and trusted third parties, the third parties we may share information with are:
- Our clients, to help job seekers to find employment
- Our candidates, to help them make an informed decision about the jobs we are managing
- Any third parties processors
- Any third party to whom we may need to disclose personal information in order to comply worth our legal, regulatory and statutory obligations. This may be part of a legal process or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety, property or rights of any person.
- Payroll Processing organisations
Compass Point Recruitment conducts due diligence with all third-party organisations to ensure your personal data is kept, to the best of their ability, secure.
Other Third Party websites
Our website may contain links to and from third party websites, if you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy & cookie policies and Compass Point Recruitment cannot be held responsible for any personal data to provide to them.
Communicating with you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tickboxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our venues by email, telephone, text message or post
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties in the UK or abroad.
How do you unsubscribe from future mailings?
You can stop receiving job & industry news mailing from Compass Point Recruitment by clicking on the unsubscribing link on any Compass Point Recruitment mailing or by emailing Compass Point Recruitment on email@example.com or by telephoning our offices on 01284 765700 and speaking to any staff member.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
If you have concerns about the way we handle your personal data, you can contact the ICO or raise a complaint.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Compass Point Recruitment Ltd
St Andrews Street South
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk IP33 3PH
Last updated: May 2018